Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today was a really good day. I finally got to take Max to meet his great-grandparents Jack and Yetta in Riverdale (the Bronx). I was going to go last week but was felled by a nastly cold/flu bug (which Jen now has, unfortunately).

Anyway, Jack and Yetta are my father's parents and like any grandparents are pretty important to me. I live in the NYC area basically because of all the fond memories I had of my parents and I coming to see them and the city regularly made it seem obvious that I'd move here after college. I even lived at their place for a few months after I graduated when I had just gotten a job and was saving up for a security deposit on my first apartment; and again for a few weeks when I moved back to the city for business school. So having Max at their apartment and spending some time with them was pretty meaningful.
Max visits great-grandma Yetta and great-grandpa Jack (Jonathan's father's parents)
Max visits great-grandma Yetta and great-grandpa Jack (Jonathan's father's parents) Max visits great-grandma Yetta and great-grandpa Jack (Jonathan's father's parents)
Max visits great-grandma Yetta and great-grandpa Jack (Jonathan's father's parents) Max visits great-grandma Yetta and great-grandpa Jack (Jonathan's father's parents)

The other thing that is great about visiting my grandparents is that I can start to introduce Max to Mother's Bake Shop, home of the best black and white cookie in the entire world. I grew up on these things, and God willing Max will too.

And they really are the best -- Even the New York Sun agrees.

World's best black & whites -- Mother's Bake Shop, Riverdale Bronx NY

Posted by JBB at 10:34 PM Labels: ,

0 comments: