Sunday, April 12, 2009

When I was on extra paternity leave I got to take Max to the American Museum of Natural History. It's one of my favorite places, not least because it is one of my Dad's favorite places and both he and my grandfather took me there a ton of times when I was growing up. (The only museum I might know better is the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh, where I was born, and where I got yelled at by a security guard for touching the tail of the diplodocus.)

Anyway, we had a great time -- Max enjoyed looking at the fish and the blue whale, we took a quick tour of the Discovery Room, where Max enjoyed touching some nature stuff, and of course we visited the dinosaurs.

Here is a great photo courtesy of a nice woman visitor, who clearly has excellent photo composition skills. Thanks, anonymous stranger!

Nat'l History Museum

And another in front of a big mean tortoise. Max seemed to like the turtles better than the other fossils.
Nat'l History Museum


And as I probably should have expected, he was passed out before we even got halfway through. Here he is passed out next to the duckbills:

Nat'l History Museum Nat'l History Museum

I am sure he'll stay awake when we return, hopefully often.

Posted by JBB at 1:26 PM Labels: , , ,

0 comments: