Monday, November 17, 2008

Jen and I both like art and crafty stuff a lot, so we ended up with some neat art to hang on the walls of the kid's room. Here are the highlights.

Animal triptych
Jen got these great animal prints from Marisa Haedeke's Creative Thursday store on Etsy. You should all go to her site and buy lots of stuff from her. [BTW, advice for those of you playing the home game -- hanging three frames at exactly the same height is harder than it sounds.]

Bugs -- Chasin'
My parents got me this amazing original Bugs Bunny drawing a while back, and it seems totally appropriate (and maybe even classy) in the kid's room.

Mini Marvels
Chris Giarrusso did this awesome drawing of the Mini Marvels for me at San Diego Comic-Con this year. You should all go to his site and buy lots of stuff from him, too. Start 'em young! Fun fact -- when choosing who I wanted in the drawing, I ruled out the Human Torch because of a vague sense that the kid shouldn't get the idea that fire is good. But who do I choose instead? Hawkeye, who shoots pointy arrows, and Wolverine, who has knives coming out of his hands. I'll get the hang of this parenting thing eventually, I promise.

Top of bookcase
Tchotchkes on the top of the bookcase. From left to right:
  • Photo cube with photos of me as a little kid. If you zoom in you can see the spiffy bow tie.
  • Rock painted like a duckbill dinosaur I must've done when I was like 4 or something.
  • Mr. Toast and Joe Egg by Dan Goodsell -- awesome comic, he has an Etsy store too.
  • Supercool robot piggy bank my Mom got the kid at the baby shower. I had to be physically restrained from keeping it for myself. Thanks Mom!
  • Three squishy ghost lamps from IKEA in green, blue, and red. I need to take a photo in the dark with them lit up. They are eerie goodness.

Posted by JBB at 10:23 PM Labels: ,

0 comments: